Sunday, September 8, 2013

Last Week of My Twelve Week Challenge

Ok, this is the last week of the twelve week challenge I participated in at work.  As you can see, there are not many posts, and can I tell you something?  I was not motivated, and I fear that I was not successful.  I had to really sit down and take a look at why.  This is hard for me, because I don't like to admit defeat, and I am competitive person.  Here are the reasons:

1.  I did not commit to myself fully.  I knew that I wanted to lose weight, but the commitment was just not there.

2.  I did not plan ahead.  I didn't plan what I was going to do for exercise, what I was going to cut out, or not cut out with eating.

3. I let stress dictate my snacking.  I used food for comfort.

4.  I used excuses, the most common being, I will do better tomorrow, or next week.


What is the difference this time?

1.  My doctor basically gave me a time frame to lose weight.  I have health issues that are blaring "WARNING".  This hit me hard.  This is not a time to say "I can wait for tomorrow".

2.  I have a daughter I promised that I would eat clean as long as she was clean from an addiction of her own.  She is so important to me (as are my other children and husband), but food really is MY ADDICTION, and I really cant pretend it is not.

3.  I AM DOING THIS FOR MYSELF!  I am worth it!

4.  I have a cute niece that posted a 30 day Paleo challenge, and it hit me hard...I am TAKING THE CHALLENGE!  See her blog here: Challenge


5. I am ready to run, to play to live to laugh, to feel sexy and to wear cute jeans!

Want to come play with us?

I will be posting recipes, my exercise and my ups and downs...OH, and pictures weekly...AAAHHHHH.

Take the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment