Sunday, February 10, 2013

Beef and Broccoli

Another easy dinner idea.  For those of you who don't eat red meat, chicken or firm tofu are great in this as well:)

I buy lean sirloin and just get about 10 to 12 ounces.  I freeze it so it is easy to slice into thin strips.

...put the sliced strips into a bowl with one Tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce, grated fresh ginger ( you can freeze a chunk of ginger as well to use in your cooking, one crushed garlic cube, one T of corn starch, sesame seeds.. and stir up.



Meanwhile take one pound of fresh broccoli and chop into bite-sized pieces. peel the stalks and cut at an angle.  I chop up one red pepper too, because I love the color and the vitamins.  Chop one small white onion.


In a small bowl combine 4 more tablespoons of the low-sodium soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper, 2 T. agave nectar or honey, three more T of cornstarch and one cup of water.

Heat on T of olive oil in a saute pan or wok.  The secret of great stir fry's is Hot pan and oil before adding vegies or meat...cook the meat for one minute and set aside.  add a bit more olive oil and quick saute the vegies for about 2 minutes.  Add the meat or tofu and the little bowl of sauce mixture and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until boiling and thick...not too long.



I like to serve on a combo of brown and wild rice that I cook while preparing the Beef and Broccoli.



Easy and yummy...experiment... I like to squeeze a fresh orange in this sometimes, or add bean sprouts.

I served this with a few oranges I chopped quickly and threw in some pomegranate seeds.


 Dinner was served before we all sat down to watch "The Walking Dead"...zombie on friends:)


2 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic and easy as well. Thanks!
    Love this blog and love you!
    Debi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum!! I want to come over for dinner. I absolutely LOVE beef and broccoli, so I am excited to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete