Sunday, February 3, 2013

Raw Coconut Cashew Truffles

Here is an amazing treat you can take to your superbowl party today!  Oh my goodness these are sweet,  rich, chocolaty goodness that will curb any craving for chocolate you have, PLUS THEY ARE GOOD FOR YOU!  What?  I know, I know, amazing...

Soak 1 cup of raw cashews for at least 4 hours ( I just soak them overnight and make these in the morning.
one cup of dates ( potassium power-houses)
1 cup of cacao powder ( full of anti-oxidants)
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
2 T pure maple syrup (full of minerals and anti-oxidants too)  today I used one T of my coconut sugar instead as I am on a coconut kick
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. vanilla or almond or hazelnut extract
pinch of sea salt
pinch of cayenne



Just simply dump in your blender and mix up!  The mixture will be sticky, but just get your hands dirty and make little balls.  I rolled them in non sweetened coconut, but you can roll in more cacao powder, or chopped nuts.  Just place on wax paper and freeze until about 30 minutes until you serve and the coconut oil will be creamy and you will be in heaven.

Note:  I always just keep them in an airtight container in the freezer after initial freezing on the cookie sheet.  This way when you kids or you are craving something sweet, they can be easily grabbed and devoured.  who said eating healthy was boring?


OOOHHHHH.....PLEASE do something important.  dont rinse out your blender jar...add come almond or cashew milk, 2 handfuls of spinach, a banana and some ice, drop the rest of the coconut from the plate you used to roll the balls and make yourself an amazing smoothie with hints of the cashew and coconut and chocolate goodness left inside....YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment