Monday, June 10, 2013

My Birthday Dinner

This posts kind-of follows the last post about my children being able to/liking to cook.  I mentioned that they prepare amazing dinners for my birthday.  I need to share this years dinner with you!

They prepared some AMAZING lemon pepper grilled chicken, and chipotle/sweet mesquite chicken, a roasted yellow and red beet salad with arugula, pecans, goat cheese (amazing!)  There was fresh pineapple and blackberries, fresh watermelon, snap peas and carrots with hummus.  different artisan breads with balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dipping, and a fresh strawberry cheesecake that was a mile high.

Fun food, laughter, vitamins mixed in and amazing little chefs...happy, content, lucky mom.

I had forgotten to mention that I had a freshly squeezed beet/apple juice and a beautiful bouquet of flowers on my desk when I got to work from my darling Jord and Jon.

Jenica and Christina and Christopher got me an amazing white orchid and some cute turquoise earrings.  (have I told you I am in to turquoise lately?

Riley knows I am a sucker for a good sandal and got me some darling ones...not too many 18 year old boys can choose sandals that their mom loves.

Jacey cleaned my kitchen ( I love a sparkly sink) and got me an amazing knife sharpener...you have to know how fast our poor knives get dull.

Jocelyn was her amazing self and helped with all.

Jeff got me some amazing BLUE GLASS ( my latest antique obsession) and some antique coco cola crates...LOVE

Did I tell you I am a lucky lady?

~Me













No comments:

Post a Comment