Monday, June 10, 2013

Strawberry Balsamic Parfait with Mint and Black Pepper

DON'T Freak out!  This does not sound like it works, but this is an amazing, light, delicious and a bit different dessert that is SO great for a summer evening.

I always say that the two things you need in your kitchen is a good balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  I have a black cherry balsamic vinegar right now that I am in LOVE WITH.

You can use a regular balsamic too, but the touch of sweet in this black cherry is DIVINE!

This is a fun way to use your fresh strawberries which are in season right now, so they are a good deal!

Ingredients:

2 cups of fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
1t. balsamic vinegar ( I used black cherry)
1t. coconut sugar or brown sugar
1 cup of greek strawberry yogurt
1 cup of honey greek yogurt ( you can substitute this for 1/2 and 1/2 whipped with a dash of sugar)
1/2 cup granola ( oh, I need to put my amazing recipe for home made granola up, huh?)
fresh mint ( PLEASE COME GET SOME OF MINE!)

Mix the strawberries with the sugar and the vinegar, and add a dash of cracked black pepper.
In some nice see through glasses ( we used martini glasses last night), layer the honey yogurt ( or cream), strawberries, strawberry yogurt, then a light layer of granola, repeat.

I like to chop the mint into strips at times and layer along with the other ingredients.  Last night we just put the mint on top and I tore mine into little pieces and mixed into this light, amazing dessert.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment